Internship Opportunities & Job Board
- Indiana Chapter-ACI Scholarship
Deadline of Friday, March 7th, 2014
- A national consulting firm, Greeley and Hansen, is seeking strong civil/environmental students for 10 internships in offices across the U.S., with each internship last approximately 12 weeks.
According to the HR representative, Bethany Florek, each intern is matched with a Mentor Engineer for primary guidance, question answering, assignment delegation, etc, but the students are exposed to working on a project team as well. Periodic teleconference trainings on different topics (AutoCAD, Professional Associations, etc) are held throughout the summer.
In addition to those trainings, a 2-day leadership and career symposium, Designing Your Future, that spotlights internal speakers (CEO, President, Managing Directors, etc) and a career coach provides a workshop on communication, networking, etc. Lastly, at the end of the program, the students participate in a review process that mimics the annual review.
Students may apply online at www.greeley-hansen.com, in the Career Opportunities section. Also, see link to position. Please contact Bethany Florek with any questions:
Human Resources Manager
100 S. Wacker Dr., Suite 1400
Chicago, IL 60606
- The Notre Dame Center for Nano Science and Technology (NDnano) has several undergraduate research fellowships available for summer 2014. The NURF program offers motivated undergraduates the opportunity to learn more about a specific area of research in nanoscience or nanoengineering, gain valuable skills inside and outside the lab as part of a faculty-led team, and interact with the other students in Notre Dame's summer research community. Nearly 30 projects are available to choose from.
Each NURF position is full time (40 hours/week) and provides a total stipend of $5,250 over a 10-week period. Complete program details, project descriptions, and application instructions are available on the NDnano website at:
The application deadline is Friday, February 7, 2014.
Need more information? On the website, you will also find project summaries prepared by previous NURF students.
Feel free to direct any questions to Heidi Deethardt at email@example.com
- Indiana Section ITE
Edward J. Cox Memorial Transportation Scholarship Award
- NASA LARSS Program: Paid Internship Opportunity
The LARSS Program was recognized by Vault Career Intelligence as amongst the top ten best college internship programs in 2011.The LARSS program is a year-round, research-based program located at NASA Langley Research Center. World-class researchers are mentors to the students, and help guide them to complete a research project.
LARSS Flyer Link
NASA LARSS interactive Brochure
- Civil Engineer Position at Ken Herceg & Associates (A Division of Donohue & Associates, Inc.)
Description: This position involves the planning, design and construction engineering for transportation, sanitary sewer, stormwater, water distribution, water resources, and pump station projects. You will receive guidance and support from experienced engineers and project managers. We are seeking a talented individual with excellent verbal and written communication skills who would enjoy working on a variety of projects for municipal clients throughout the Midwest. AutoCAD and prior experience preferred.
Education: BS, Civil Engineering or similar degree
To Apply: Please forward your resume with a cover letter indicating your position of interest to:
Donohue & Associates, Inc.
3311 Weeden Creek Road
Sheboygan, WI 53081
Resumes will only be accepted from individual candidates.
- Applications are invited for a Water Resources Engineering faculty position in the University of Central Florida (UCF) Department of Civil, Environmental, and Construction Engineering (http://www.cece.ucf.edu/).
This is an open rank tenure-track faculty position with preference for candidates who have academic experience and an exceptional track record. The anticipated start date is August 2014. Link
- Two faculty positions in the field of Structural Engineering and Water-Geo-Energy Systems are available in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at the University of Michigan. Link
- City Engineer - City of Gary - Job Description for more information contact
Cloteal LaBroi at firstname.lastname@example.org or 219-881-1310
- NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program (GRFP)
Application Deadline: November 04, 2013(received by 8 p.m. Eastern Standard Time)
- National Defense Science and Engineering Graduate (NDSEG) Fellowships Link
The application deadline is December 20, 2013, at 5 PM EST.
- 2014 O.H. Ammann Research Fellowship in Structural Engineering
Application Deadline: November 1, 2013
- WTS Greater Chicago Chapter Scholarship Committee: We are offering four scholarships this year to women pursuing careers in the area of transportation. Two of the scholarships are for graduate students and two are for undergraduate students. The scholarships and amounts we are offering from our local chapter are:
- Sharon D. Banks Memorial Undergraduate Scholarship - $2,000 ($5,000 national)
- Molitoris Leadership Scholarship for Undergraduates - $1,000 ($5,000 national)
- - $4,000 ($10,000 national)
- Leadership Legacy Scholarship for Graduate Students - $1,000 ($5,000 national)
All local winners will be forwarded onto the national level to compete for the national scholarship awards.
ACI Foundation Fellowships & Scholarships
Applications deadline: October 15, 2013.
There are many ACI Foundation Fellowship and Scholarship opportunities for ACI Student Members and E-Members. Awarded annually, ACI Foundation Fellowships and Scholarships help students with an interest in concrete achieve their educational and career goals. Link
- Smalley Institute Postdoctoral Fellowships
Deadline for submitting application materials: Friday, October 4, 2013 at 5:00pm Central Time
Winner to be announced at the end of October 2013
Start date: January 1, 2014 (with a grace period to allow for moving, thesis defense, etc.)
- Barr Engineering has some entry level positions open. Attached are position descriptions for entry level water resources engineer and industrial water/wastewater engineer positions. Also, the following link is to the webpage listing all the job openings across the company: https://www.barr.com/page/56/job-opportunities/
- Power Construction Company
Patrick M. Donley
2360 Palmer Drive
Schaumburg, IL 60173
E Mail: email@example.com, Visit:http://www.powerconstruction.net/
- ACS Fall 2013 Career Fair - Onsite & Virtual
Onsite career fair:
SEPTEMBER 8-10, 2013 INDIANAPOLIS, IN
Virtual career fair:
SEPTEMBER 9-10, 2013 ONLINE
- AECOM Transportation:
- Skanska USA Building:
Erin Willis, Skanska Human Resources manager
- Skanska Koch:
Bill Matre, Vice President, Skanska Koch, 400 Roosevelt Ave., Carteret, NJ 07008-3511, Bill.Matre@skanska.com
- Granite Construction Northeast, Inc.: Kathie Donohue, Regional Contracts Manager, Granite Construction Northeast, Inc.,
120 White Plains Road, Suite 301, Tarrytown, NY 10591